Atlas Energy owns various assets and investment interests.
Atlas Resource Partners, L.P. (NYSE: ARP) is a publicly-traded exploration and production master limited partnership (“MLP”) with operations in basins across the United States. ARP’s primary business is to develop, acquire and manage oil and gas properties and to grow cash flow generated from these assets for the benefit of our unitholders. Currently, ARP has ~1.7 Tcfe of proved reserves and an interest in over 14,000 producing wells in 17 different states. ARP has producing assets in the following areas:
- Barnett Shale and Marble Falls play in northern Texas
- Eagle Ford Shale in southern Texas
- Appalachian basin, including the Marcellus Shale and Utica Shale
- Coal-bed methane natural gas assets in the Raton Basin in New Mexico, the Black Warrior Basin in Alabama, the County Line area in Wyoming, and areas in West Virginia and Virginia
- Mississippi Lime and Hunton plays in northwestern Oklahoma
- Rangely field in northwest Colorado
- Other operating areas – Chattanooga Shale in Tennessee, the New Albany Shale in Indiana and the Niobrara shale in Colorado
ARP is also a leading sponsor of tax-advantaged direct investment natural gas and oil partnerships, a business which Atlas has operated for over 40 years.
Atlas Energy Group, LLC owns 100% of the general partner interest, all the incentive distribution rights and an approximate 28% limited partner interest in ARP.Learn More
Lightfoot Capital Partners is a private investment vehicle focused on direct investment in MLP qualifying energy-related businesses and assets. Lightfoot’s strategy is to make investments by partnering, promoting and supporting strong management teams to build growth-oriented business.
Lightfoot has a 40% limited partner interest in Arc Logistics Partners LP (NYSE: ARCX), an MLP focused on terminalling, storage, throughput and transloading of crude oil and petroleum products on the East Coast, Gulf Coast and Midwest regions of the United States.
Atlas Energy Group, LLC owns 16% of the general partner interest and 12% limited partner interest in Lightfoot Capital Partners.Learn More
E&P Development SubsidiaryViewClose
Atlas Energy formed a new E&P development subsidiary in 2013 to conduct natural gas and oil operations, initially in the midcontinent region of the United States. Since its formation, the E&P Development Subsidiary conducts operations in the oil-rich Eagle Ford Shale in south Texas, as well as the Marble Falls formation in northern Texas and in the Mississippi Lime are in Oklahoma.
Atlas Energy Group, LLC owns 80% of the general partner interest and incentive distribution rights, as well as an 8% limited partner interest in the E&P Development Subsidiary.